Friday, September 21, 2018

BELLA FORREST - A SHADE OF KIEV

22728764

BELLA FORREST - A SHADE OF KIEV 1

My name is Kiev Novalic. I am a vampire, and a murderer.

Having betrayed the trust of my own kind and that of the enemies I sold myself to, I have three days left to live. 

I stare at the girl in the cell opposite mine. Mona, she calls herself. A witch born without magic.

She might be my key to freedom, but I should know to stay away. 

I should know: some scars are etched too deep to heal

23607228

BELLA FORREST - A SHADE OF KIEV 2

There is much about my past that I have never revealed to anyone.

Nobody knows that, before I lost myself, I was a physician's apprentice.

I have witnessed countless human illnesses.

But I have lived for centuries and never come across a vampire being sick with anything other than his own darkness.

Until today.

I'm staring at my blood on the floor and a raging migraine is taking hold of me.

I'm not sure what to make of it.

24358098

BELLA FORREST - A SHADE OF KIEV 3

The greatly anticipated finale to Kiev's stand-alone trilogy!

After all that's happened, I thought I was past being surprised by Mona. 

But standing here by the lake, I realize I've barely scratched the surface. Her soul is blacker than I could have imagined. 

I thought I sought redemption. 

But now, I wonder if this darkness is what attracted me to her all along...

Matteo's words ring in my ears: "Of creatures who inhabit the darkness, there are two types. Those who revel in it, and those who fight to escape it."

Which am I? Or which do I choose to be?


No comments: